Sunday, November 14, 2010

Spontaneous - Word of the Day


Spontaneous - Word of the Day

I'm starting a series of posts of travel related words, words that inspire me and even just words that entertain me, that I like and new ones that I might learn. I won't post every day, who knows if I'll even post one every week, but if a good one comes to me I'll write about it as it happens.

This week my word of the day is Spontaneous. Many travelers have the dream of someday going to the airport, looking at the departure screen, picking a destination and just going. That is the ultimate travelers spontaneous decision. This week I came as close to doing that as I ever have.

I knew for a couple of weeks that I would have Thursday off for Remembrance day and requested that following Friday as well, to make a long weekend out of it. I thought about taking off and going somewhere like Toronto, New York or London but as I looked at the flights it wasn't looking so good. The flight schedule changed for London so there was no longer a flight the day I wanted to make the most out of the trip, New York was way too expensive, but Toronto was looking promising for maybe just a quick one night trip.

While at work that Tuesday however things were going really slow and my boss suggested that I take Wednesday off as well. Immediately I checked to see if there was a flight to London that night and within 12 hours I was sitting on an airplane. I didn't even have a chance to tell my friends about it it happened that quick. It was spontaneous and felt exhilarating and many people didn't believe that I actually did it. To make it even more exciting, I decided not to tell all of my friends in London about me coming and was actually able to surprise Chris from the The Aussie Nomad at a party, whom I hadn't seen since Copenhagen in May. Even though he might defend it I swear he screamed like a little girl when he saw me.

Also on this trip I had one of the most extreme Small World Moments ever. To read more about it check it out over here at www.travelyourself.ca

5 comments:

  1. I'll defend black and blue my dear that I did NOT scream like a little girl :)

    Next time make sure you stay longer so we can party on the weekend unlike during the week when I'm working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found many online traveling agencies and companies offering Cheapest Flights and tour and travel packages to various destinations around the world . Holidaymood is online travel agency offers worldwide cheapest flights & holiday’s tour packages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great word of the day! :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. That's very nice word of the day.
    Acting classes dc

    ReplyDelete